Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
ARE YOU READY FOR MULTIENGINE TAKEOFF?Extensively Revised Third Edition This is a complete guide to multiengine flying, from the first time a pilot transitions into a two-engine airplane through advanced ratings. Single engine and multiengine aircraft differ in many critical ways -- Multiengine Flying covers every one in clear, readable detail. Written with insight by a renowned educator, pilot, and aviation expert, this new third edition additionally covers emergency procedures, advanced systems, and high altitudes with all the latest Practical Test Standards. It prepares pilots for FAA tests for multi-engine certification, with special emphasis on the technology, testing, and job market affecting multiengine pilots and craft, including: * Aerodynamic properties of multiengine airplanes
* Safety precautions and procedures
* Emergency situations
* Multiengine vs. single engine aircraft
* Advanced multiengine engines and systems
* Preparing for oral and flight exams for the multiengine rating
* Propeller, fuel, and electrical system differences
* Progressive transition from beginning to advanced multiengine flying
* Changes in FAA Practical Test Standards/Certification requirements
* And much, much more Whether you're involved with first-time transition -- or you're working toward advanced ratings -- Multiengine Flyingwill help you progress effectively and efficiently.Inside, you get coverage of:
* Takeoff and landing
* Engine out procedures
* Electrical systems
* Equipment lists and AFMs
* High-altitude operations
* Cockpit resource management
* Glass cockpit systems
* Computerized training
* And much, much more.
Paul A. Craig holds a Doctor of Education degree with special emphasis on pilot decision-making and flight-training strategies. A resident of Murfreesboro, TN, Paul is Professor of Aerospace and Department Chairperson at Middle Tennessee State University, a Multiengine Flight Instructor, an Airline Transport Pilot, and the author of seven McGraw-Hill aviation titles.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Companies
Publication Date: 10/03/2003 - 12:00am
On Sale: 10/03/2003 - 12:00am