The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice on First-Year Maintenance (Owner's and Instruction Manual #1)
At last! A beginner's guide to newborn baby technology, complete with step-by-step instructions, FAQs, and schematics, from a board-certified pediatrician and his son (an older model).
Congratulations—you’ve just acquired one of life’s biggest technological marvels: a newborn baby! New owners have so many questions: How do I handle sleep malfunctions? When should I bring the baby to a doctor for servicing? What transportation accessories do I need?
New users will get plenty of useful advice on:
- PREPARATION AND HOME INSTALLATION: How to store your baby properly
- GENERAL CARE: Effective techniques for handling, holding, and comforting the baby
- FEEDING: An in-depth guide to your baby’s power supply, from breastfeeding to solid food
- PROGRAMMING SLEEP MODE: How to Configure baby’s sleeping area and manage issues such as overstimulation
- GENERAL MAINTENANCE: Keep that new baby smell fresh with tips on sanitation and care, such as diaper installation and cleaning
- GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: Perform user testing on baby’s reflexes, note and track milestones, plus advanced motor and sensory skills
- SAFETY AND EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE: Monitor baby’s health, tackle childproofing, learn life-saving procedures, plus get fixes for minor issues such as cradle cap and diaper rash
Whatever your concerns, celebrated pediatrician Dr. Louis Borgenight and his son, Joe Borgenicht, provide plenty of useful advice for anyone who wants to learn the basics of childcare.
A board-certified pediatrician with the American Academy of Pediatrics, Dr. Louis Borgenicht runs his own practice in Salt Lake City. He is also Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at The University of Utah School of Medicine, and he serves on the Board of Directors for Physicians for Social Responsibility. Dr. Borgenicht lives with his wife, Jody, who has finally learned how to sleep through the night while her husband goes out on calls.
Joe Borgenicht is a D.A.D. who frequently telephones his father for advice. He is also a writer, entrepreneur, and the co-author of The Action Hero’s Handbook, The Action Heroine’s Handbook, and Undercover Golf. He lives in Salt Lake City with his wife, Melanie, and their sons, Jonah and Eli (who still operate at peak efficiency).
Paul Kepple and Jude Buffum are better known as the Philadelphia-based studio Headcase Design, whose work has been featured in many design publications, such as American Illustration, Communication Arts, and Print. When Jude was an infant, his owners would often program him for extended periods of sleep mode. Paul’s owners, on the other hand, tried numerous times to return their model, believing his inability to grow hair was a manufacturer’s defect.
Publisher: Quirk Books
Publication Date: 09/10/2012 - 12:00am
On Sale: 09/10/2012 - 12:00am