From the sprawling green countryside of Shenandoah to the mists rising over the Great Smoky Mountains, endless adventure and beauty await along America's most scenic highway. Inside Moon Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip you'll find:
With Moon Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip's flexible itineraries and practical tips you're ready to fill up and hit the road.
- Multiple Itineraries: Choose from flexible getaways along the Blue Ridge Parkway, including the ultimate two-week route, a four-day loop from D.C., and more
- Eat, sleep, stop and explore: With lists of the best hikes, views, restaurants, and more, you can listen to live bluegrass, find the best barbecue around, or sip local moonshine. Wander through the renowned museums in Washington D.C. or take a break in a charming mountain town. Explore a labyrinthine cave system, hike a leg of the famous Appalachian Trail, and spot black bears and elk in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Try your hand at gem mining, spend an afternoon antique hunting, or pick fruit at a family-owned orchard
- Maps and driving tools: Easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions, and full-color photos throughout
- Local expertise: North Carolinian and mountaineer Jason Frye shares his top tips for what to do
- Planning your trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for LBGTQ+ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with children
Exploring more of America on wheels? Try Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip
or Moon Drive & Hike Appalachian Trail
. Doing more than driving through? Check out Moon Great Smoky Mountains National Park
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Raised deep in the mountains of West Virginia, Jason Frye moved to North Carolina to pursue a master of fine arts in creative writing. There, his love for the state deepened into a longing to stay, settle, explore, and be a part of its people, culture, and history.
Jason has contributed stories to VisitNC.com, AAA's Go Magazine, Our State magazine, Southern Living, Salt, the CharlotteObserver, and Raleigh News & Observer, and acts as a culinary critic for the Wilmington StarNews. He is also the author of Moon North Carolina, Moon North Carolina Coast, and Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains.
Publisher: Moon Travel
Publication Date: 05/25/2021 - 12:00am
On Sale: 05/25/2021 - 12:00am
Travel / United States / South / South Atlantic (DC, DE, FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV)
Travel / Food, Lodging & Transportation / Road Travel
Travel / Special Interest / Roadside Attractions
Travel / Museums, Tours, Points of Interest
Travel / Parks & Campgrounds
Travel / Food, Lodging & Transportation / Hotels, Inns & Hostels
Travel / Maps & Road Atlases